Wednesday, March 11, 2009

DID U KNOW! -- Recycling Guide

DID YOU KNOW! about the Santa Barbara County Residents and Businesses to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle Guide?

For a complete online copy go here. Or to request your own hard copy, call 805.882.3600. I picked up my free copy at the Eastside Library.

Somehow, over the past 4 years, we've collected a healthy collection of prescription medications. We've been holding on to them for one reason....we've been too lazy to research where we can take them for proper disposal. So, I grabbed my guide and searched 'medication' (non-controlled substances). I learned how to safely dispose of all in the garbage and even better - I can take them to UCSB's Hazardous Waste Collection Center [805.882.3602]. Jackpot!

Ever wondered exactly which plastics can be put in the recycle bins? Answer: any plastic marked with a 1-7 triangle. Basically, everything but Styrofoam (why is this stuff still being made??)

Please visit WWW.LESSISMORE.ORG for more on recycling in Santa Barbara county. A BIG THANKS to them for the great publication!

No comments:

Post a Comment