Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tree Trimming!

Well, it only took 2 months and about 5 (unreturned) phone calls but we finally got the parkway trees trimmed on our street!! They were hanging so low that the street sweep had to drive completely aroud them. Every day, my neighbors could be seen sweeping up their own streets.

I don't have an 'After' picture but they are now nice and clean and leave plenty of room for the street sweep truck.

I'm still not sure I should have been calling the Street Sweep deparment or the Tree Trimming department? Or if my calls mattered at all? Maybe the trimmers would have come anyway because it was that time of year? Regardless, I do want to encourage everyone too take action! Whether it's a cracked sidewalk, massive tree or garbage...you are able to report these things and have every right to expect them to be managed by our city.

Tree Problems 805.564.5434
Street Sweep 805.897.1903
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Regardless of which office trims the trees, the staff should tell you what the status is. A pattern is too common where staff just ignore the public if they think the message is not what the public wants to hear. I want to change that as a Councilmember when elected.

    ReplyDelete